Monday 15 October 2012

I spy with my little eye…

Something that looks like PIE!

Recently, I decided that I needed to expand my lunchtime cooking repertoire to include pies.  I haven’t made pastry for at least 10 years, so I thought some help would be needed.  Happily, Anne over at SomethingElse To Eat had reviewed Mr Dean Brettschneider’s recently released little gem, so I went out and bought it.  It’s a great book, with lots of pastry variations, as well as wonderful things to put inside the pastry.
The pies I’ve made have done the good thing of ACTUALLY looking like the photos in the book, as well as tasting delicious.  They all tasted great the next day too.  So go along and buy the book, and you too can turn:
Walnuts,
Potatoes, and
Leeks
Into Gooey Leek, Potato and Vintage Cheddar Pie!
 

And then you could whip up a Sausage, Sun-dried Tomato and Potato Tart.
 

Both pies were delicious, matched with a fresh green salad.   I’ll talk about my other new project – perfecting walnut bread another time.

1 comment:

AnneE said...

Great to discover your blog, through your comment and post on mine! Thanks for the promo. Your pies look delicious, I must make more from that book.